Speed tables are often used to reduce the speed of vehicles passing through villages and other urban areas. They are currently widespread, making it difficult to identify those located in danger zones with high pedestrian traffic. And it is those areas that need highlighting.
Installing MEGALUX LED studs helps to clearly mark out the start of a speed table in a 30 zone near a school, bus zone or other area with high pedestrian traffic.
The installed line of lit studs clearly indicates the site’s dangerous nature and its orange continuous or synchronised flash signal forces drivers to slow down and pay attention to the road edges and pedestrians in the area.
The line of lights that appears at the start of the speed table can operate:
• In synchronised flash mode permanently
– No installation requirements in this situation
– However familiarity may lead to indifference
• In synchronised flash mode when an approaching vehicle is detected.
In this situation, a radar is installed to detect any vehicle approaching: vehicle = studs triggered.
• In synchronised flash mode when an approaching vehicle is detected that is going over the predetermined safe speed threshold. In this situation, only vehicles approaching too fast are targeted. This avoids systematic signalling which becomes ineffective for drivers who drive along the road daily.
In synchronised flash mode, three power solutions are available.
The best option is to connect to a 220V AC mains supply or street light.
If necessary, the studs can be powered by solar panels in a case on the ground or on a nearby pole. Flash mode must be used.